Veneers are thin, porcelain or resin shells that serve as a type of cosmetic treatment. They are fitted and worn over your natural teeth, creating a more desirable smile.
What are Veneers Used For?
Veneers can serve multiple purposes, including:
- Restores the appearance of teeth that may have small chips.
- Can cover undesirable gaps in-between teeth.
- Can serve as an alternative to regular teeth whitening.
- Gives the appearance of correctly aligned teeth.
Benefits of Veneers
Veneers are sought after for many reasons and offer many benefits:
- Less intrusive than crowns or braces – Veneers can give the illusion of perfectly healthy and aligned teeth, all without the hassle of extensive dental work or visiting the dentist often for adjustments.
- Veneers provide the same strength as enamel – Veneers are a high-tech cosmetic device made in a dental laboratory, and therefore offer the same protection and resilience as your natural teeth would.
- Easy to maintain – It’s easy to maintain a set of veneers; you care for them just as you would your natural teeth, including brushing and flossing regularly. Although veneers need to be replaced, they last for a very long time as long as you maintain them properly.
On your first visit, we will initially remove a small amount of your tooth enamel to ensure your veneers will fit snugly. Then, we will make an impression of your teeth to send to a dental laboratory so they can create a custom set of veneers for you. We may provide you with temporary veneers, depending on your dental needs. During your secondary visit, we will then check the fitting of the veneers. If they fit over your natural teeth comfortably and well, we will clean your teeth and add a cement adhesive to the veneers to permanently attach them over the teeth.